Litigation and Arbitration
The Litigation Department has a highly qualified team of lawyers who specialise in litigation, arbitration and bankruptcy proceedings. They all have extensive experience of representing clients in both the ordinary courts and before boards of arbitration in civil, commercial and corporate matters, principally in the following areas:
- contractual disputes with suppliers, sales networks, logistical networks and other suppliers of goods and services (agreements covering distribution, agency services, supplies, insurance, banking, franchising, engineering, construction, sale and purchase, financing, mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures, negotiations, debt refinancing, etc.);
- disputes with clients (liability for defective products, claims over quantities, sale and purchase agreements, hidden defects, warranties, bankruptcy, etc.);
- conflicts with competitors (unfair competition);
- renegotiation of debt;
- disputes between shareholders;
- director liability; and
- litigation with subcontractors.
We also have broad experience of legal proceedings with an international component, actions between companies from different countries and the enforcement of judgements, arbitration awards and European small claims, among other processes. We also act in the contentious-administrative courts.
In addition, the firm’s partners have an in-depth knowledge of domestic and international arbitration, having been involved, either as arbitrator or party, in proceedings in the Spanish Court of Arbitration, the Civil and Commercial Court of Arbitration (CIMA), the Barcelona Court of Arbitration (TAB), the Madrid Court of Arbitration (CAM), the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).